Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Three days in Rio

Good morning !!

Three amazing days have passed since my last update …

First one was quite boring. Waking up in Madrid late in the morning, running to the airport in order to catch my flight. I got to the airport 50 minutes before the flight had to leave.

No one really wanted to check in my baggage. Until I finally found someone who let me pass the line and has registered me.

I ran to the airplane, just in order to wait 1.5 hours on board until take off. Flight was long and boring. In the evening, in Rio airport, no one waited for me with sign with my name on it L so I took a taxi to the hostel. It was already around 11PM local time – time to go to bed.

In the morning (around 8), I was awakened by the noises made by my new room-mates who have just arrived.

In the afternoon, I went with Sunny (my Israeli friend) to visit the statue of Jesus on top of the Korkovado mountain. The view is amazing and you can see the whole city from above!

One of the stories about this statue (mainly told in Sao Paolo) – tell that the day the people of Rio start to work, the statue will start clapping!
well, actually, this huge statue (30x28 meters) was built for the 100 years celebrations of Brazil. it is located on the highest mountain in town and it is a symbol of god (the statue) on top of the universe (city of Rio).

You could actually see this statue from almost everywhere round the city and far beyond it!
at night, it is lit so it looks like Jesus is glowing and floating in the air!

Following that, it was time to go to the beach… CopaCabana beach!
Amazing beach, great water, soft sand and many gorgeous people.

Later on in the evening, we joined two Israeli friends going to a Churrascaria. Nice food, good meat and you can eat as much as you want.

Next morning – time to go Hang-gliding !!
Even though I had to wait about 4 hours in order to 'jump' – the 25 minutes hovering above the city and the beach were amazing and made me forget everything else!

In the evening, i found 'Acaraje' in one of the street carts. it is a local dish made of something like a doughnut which is filled with many sauces and small shrimps (not a must) - this is simply delicious!!!

At night – a boat party!!! One of the best parties I've been to (and I am sure there are more to come!). First hour, they closed all the women on one deck and gave them free drinks. After the hour has passed – time to mingle.

Party has ended at about 5 (back to the harbor) and a taxi back to the hotel – to bed – to sleep!!

4 hours later – a wakeup call – time to try and squeeze all my things again into the bag.
This is because I am leaving Rio :-( But just in order to go to Salvador !! :-)

So I got to run, got a flight to catch (and this time - not with a glider)!!

See you on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. Itke,
    love your blogs' name, great pics, good stories!
    well- I guess you're having fun afterall :P
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete