Saturday, February 6, 2010

Last day in Madrid

Friday in Madrid

Today was a calm day, spent mostly in relaxation.
In the morning Churros and coffee in the local Churroseria.

(look what they do to dogs in here)

In the afternoon, I headed towards the 'Palacio Vistalegre' – home stadium of Real Madrid in Basketball, but they were not at home (probably b tecause of the loss to Macabbi last night!!) – so I stayed to watch a concert.
Outside the stadium, from the 'north gate' was a huge line – which I followed. It went all around the stadium back to the south side (!!!). what I noticed was that 30 meters behind where the line started was the southern entrance to the stadium which was empty!!!! Took me 1 minute to be inside, seated on my new seat for the evening (guess I am too old to jump around on the floor with the teenagers – at least with a band which is not in my top 10).

So now, the concert begins. First – Mystery Jets (?!?!), a nice band seems to be British.
But then, the Arctic Monkeys came. Nice band who makes lots of noise!! But you probably know a song or two by them (though you don't know it is them!)
In the crowd, I inhaled LOTS of cigarette smoke, beer was spilled over me and this drunk girl fell over me a few times. even though all that – I survived.

Following that, got back to the apartment and started packing my bag, as tomorrow noon I got the flight to Rio de Janeiro!!!
Took me a while to fit everything in the bag but I succeeded.

Now it is time to go to sleep, as I got about 6 hours sleep. Hope I'll catch some more during the flight.

Good night Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment